Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Yesterday's Door

When we hold on to a painful memory
We never truly allow our hearts to be free
I ventured forth to open yesterday's door
Yet, fearful of the pain, I'd feel once more
As if in a trance, I  reached for the doorknob
Whilst my heart shuddered back, a painful sob
I flung the door quickly, until it was opened wide
I tried not to look. Oh, how I wanted to hide!
Here, I stood in front of Yesterday's door
Like a weary ship, abandoned and wrecked
upon a rocky shore
I didn't want to look and I didn't want to see
But deep down inside, Oh, how I yearned to be Free!
I opened my eyes ever so slowly, but to a great surprise
A promise of a New Dawn....Love's New Sunrise
I basked in the warmth of its wondrous glow
With a revelation, to which I now....Know
The truth about LOVE is quite simple and plain,
LOVE, in its true essence....is never in vain.

*Revised


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Pola

The Pola
Steep, jagged cliffs of the Pola at Amalau Bay in American Samoa