Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 17, 2012

The Bus Ride



Life's blurred images quickly catapult by
As my roaming eyes do effortlessly spy
A homeless man, standing by the road
Protectively clinging to his precious load
By the streetlight he stood, abandoned
and alone
Completely lost in a world of his own
The Bus slowly glides into Chinatown
As expressions soon change from a smile,
to a frown
People begin crowding the narrow aisle
Pushing past others, who have been standing
for awhile
Two lovers in front of me, looked lost in each
other's eyes
As an elderly lady, looks on with despise
I sat at the back and squirmed in my seat
As my senses became stifled, with their body heat
SWOOSH...came the sound of the closing door
As I gazed out the window, to seek respite once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Pola

The Pola
Steep, jagged cliffs of the Pola at Amalau Bay in American Samoa