Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 20, 2012

Shadows of Loneliness


The night unfolds in an eternity of unbearable silence
As I, wearily lay down in its cold shadows of emptiness
NOTHING...but the sound of my breaking heart
Muffled sobs of inconsolable despair, echo in the darkness

Oh Love, my soul yearns for the comfort of your embrace!
Unrelenting visions of you, shatters my resolve to seek Sleep's
welcoming face
The light of the midnight moon, filters softly behind silver clouds
Between its glowing beauty and the cavernous dark, I am held
Yet, my heart and soul are not soothed by the gentleness of its touch
As memories of you, unwind like scenes on a movie screen

My mind, heart and soul ....cries out with such languid strife!
Darling, I am and have become a prisoner of Love's cruel torment
Please...My Love, do not forsake me to such unbearable grief

Woe am I, for Happiness is but an elusive stranger to this heart of mine!
Alas, it would have been  better not to know LOVE, than to be burned
by its flame
THEN perhaps, only through Death's kindness, will this Soul find peace
As I, once again, wearily succumb to its enfolding arms, and cold, oh so
cold....Shadows of Emptiness.


*Revised

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Pola

The Pola
Steep, jagged cliffs of the Pola at Amalau Bay in American Samoa